Gloucester Fishermen’s Wives Assoc. Redfish Soup
Recipe Type: Soup
- 2 pounds Acadian redfish fillets, cut into pieces
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups of water
- In a sauce pan, sauté onion, carrots and celery in oil until softened.
- Add tomato sauce and cook for an additional three minutes, moderate heat.
- Add 2 cups of water, salt, pepper and parsley. Stir, and bring to boil. If too thick, add more water, lower heat and add the redfish, cook about 15 minutes.
- Serve with hard bread, crackers and over white rice. Top with grated Romano cheese.