The Northeast Seafood Coalition hosts its annual “Big Money Raffle and Auction” fundraiser in February at the Gloucester House Restaurant in Gloucester, Mass. All proceeds from the event go toward supporting the work and mission of NSC.
The “Big Money Raffle and Auction” is an evening filled with fresh and local seafood, entertainment, live and silent auctions, great company, and of course–the Big Money Raffle! With each $100 ticket purchased, you have the chance to win $10,000, $5,000, $2,000, $1,000 or $500. This year’s event, local seafood for the event was donated by BASE New England, DJ Scottie Mac provided musical entertainment, and State Senator Bruce Tarr auctioned off a variety of fantastic donated items.
Some of the highlighted items auctioned included:
- original paintings by local artists
- premium-seat tickets to sporting events
- lobster pot chairs
- safety equipment for fishermen
- restaurant gift certificates
- recreational charter boat gift certificates
- vessel haul-ups and more
Congratulations to the 2013 Big Money Raffle prize winners!
- $10,000.00 | #283 Continental Plastic & Packaging Inc. | Lincoln, RI
- $5,000.00 | #436 Stanley Adamczewski & Bill Sherman | New Bedford, MA
- $2,000.00 | #437 Ocean Fleet Fisheries Office pool | New Bedford, MA
- Sheila Mitchell
- Marie Milano
- Dan Pacheco
- Kim St Laurent
- Linda Conroy
- Sherrilyn Di Balsi
- $1,000.00 | #345 Jim Kluge | Rockport, MA
- $500.00 | # 184 Igor Makasins | Lynn, MA
- $500.00 | Seller’s Pool winner: John Bell | Gloucester, MA